Thursday, March 14, 2013

Let It Begin



First thing first, I've been reading comics since I learned how to read. In fact, they even helped me with that! I'm by no means an expert on the subject though. I just really enjoy the medium. Lately I've been getting into some of the fan sites that people have set up for their favorite characters and have enjoyed scouring through all of the information they provide. That got me thinking, "why don't I do that?". I couldn't find a good reason why not, so here I am!

I didn't want to just repeat a fan site that someone else has done better so I looked around and tried to find a favorite character of mine that seemed under represented. That's when I found quite a few Green Arrow sites but they all seemed to have been abandoned years ago. I couldn't believe it. If there's ever been a great time to be a Green Arrow fan its right now. We've got a great new creative team on Ollie's main book. He's in three other titles (Arrow, JLA, and Injustice). He'll be a playable character in a highly anticipated videogame (Injustice: Gods Among Us) and he has a hit new TV show that's already been renewed for a second season (Arrow).

So, my hope with Green Arrow Chronicles is to do what the title sounds like. I'll chronicle all of Green Arrow's present and future adventures. Occasionally, I'll jump back and take a look at some of his old adventures. Along the way, I hope that I'll get an even better understanding and appreciation of the character and if I can get even a few people to start reading about this fantastic character, then that's even better!



Image: Green Arrow Vol. 1 #1 by Dick Giordano and Trevor Von Eeden May, 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment